
How are we feeling?
We're feeling wonderful. :)
Synopsis!
Last week was... desynced. And I felt like disconnecting. Going to the most secluded place I could find and listening to Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes. Was thinking too much about things I couldn't change and feeling backed into a corner because I couldn't change them... Throw in some impatience, some loneliness and inability to talk to anyone about all this and voila! a Tear Yourself Apart From the Inside Pie.
New Years was a bust. Nothing exciting happened and couldn't think of any good resolutions besides "learn the guitar". Aha. But I'm cheating and if I think of a good one soon I'll still use it...
Drove my car into a snow bank a few days ago, nothing big. Didn't notice the cars in front of me stopped and rather than spending a few hundred on insurance I took out a few feet of snow that had been looking at me wrong. 10 points!
But after that is the good part. The stopped car in front of me parked and the guys inside helped pulling me out. First one person living nearby came out with a shovel and then another. I must have stuck it pretty deep because we worked on it for 10 minutes before a young woman drove by with a truck and a tow rope. Couldn't have picked a more convenient place to get stuck, I guess. :D
Work has slowed down a lot this week. Had me in the pits last week with all of it, but not going into work for a while makes less of a drag. It's been so slow lately it's not worth going in. So I let other people be bored out of their minds this week. :)
Uh, what else...
Ugly Sweater party monday night with people from work. Guess nobody had to be sober the next morning... Played cards for at least 5 hours straight with vodka. Wow. Had a blast.
Finally got around to seeing Garden State last night. Amazing movie, but I think I got the blind version because there was a guy explaining scene environment every minute... Thought it was a quirky movie thing until halfway through. Then it just got annoying. But a very unique movie, couldn't see at all where it was going.
Been hitting the gym really well the last few days, sore all over and loving it. Promised someone to do cardio, so running later. Might have found a new gym partner today, an old friend from high school was at the Wellness Center who doesn't have one either. Losing my old partner Scott (moved to Florida) messed up my confidence in what I am doing and efficiency of working out... But it was a learning experience, for that I'm greatful.
Met Lloyd's friend Phillip today, he seems to have really good character, and I like to think I'm a good judge of character. Have a lot of empathy and anxiousness because he's been away from Preston for 5 weeks. Conversation was more personal that I was reckoning for talking the first time.
And of course there's Lloyd. Who seems to have this weird ability to be going through the exact same stuff I am, even if we haven't talked about it. And when I'm with him I feel so safe. Like I'm home.
Life is good, I have time for everything I want to do, I can't complain. :)
Oh. New favorite quote:
"You laugh, ya know. I'm not saying I don't cry, but in between I laugh. And I realize how silly it is to take everything too seriously. Plus I look forward to a good cry." -Sam (Garden State)
A great start to another beautiful year Tigh :)
ReplyDelete