Saturday, December 27, 2008

Love.




What is love? (Cliche introspective blog post? yeah, probably...)

I got back on the subject of what love really is last night. But I haven't changed my mind. I've just been able to put the idea into words. :)

Love is happiness. But it's a certain kind of happiness. I can be with friends that make me happy, so I can't say love is happiness in general. It's when the thought of someone by itself makes you giddy; missing them when they're gone and not being able to stop thinking about them. I can't define love for everyone. For me it's a special connection that I have with very few people that I can't explain but makes me immensely happy.

How do you know that it won't stop? That it might just be a crush and not actually love...

There is no proving it, there is no finish line. And I'm fine with that. I can't say that the feelings will continue forever but nobody ever can. I think every relationship suffers from the worry that the feelings might end. But then you come to realize that they haven't stopped. And worrying about if it does end is natural but dwelling on it won't ever help. If it happens, it will hurt. If it doesn't happen, it will Even if it does, you've gained so much more than if you hadn't tried at all. :)

Tomorrow we cover the meaning of life, exact number of pi, and history of the Universe. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment