Friday, July 16, 2010

The Avett Brothers

When I say I don't listen to country I should give a disclaimer. I listen to good country. Seth and Scott Avett make up a banjo/guitar duo with help from Bob and Joe for some bass and cello action. Since starting in 2000 they've put out an album every year, I'm not sure if they are seeping with ideas or if every other artist is lazy... but I love it. So I can't pick just one song to get people hooked, it's a platter today.



^Not an actual video but touched something in me about getting over that special... girl. The usual rhetoric but it sounds better when sung. As does everything



^NPR Tiny Desk Concert just a few weeks ago. I want them in my office. 16 minutes I can put on repeat. The entire set has an energetic vibe to it. I need to see them in concert. Ends with Bella Donna, the song that got me into Avett Bros. in the first place.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2010/07/14/128511595/exclusive-premiere-new-avett-brothers-video

^NPR has their latest music video. Rampant urban development and how humans don't learn.



^The only true music video out of all of these. I saved the best for last.

No comments:

Post a Comment