Here's an interesting one. Just found him today, actually. But it was love at first listen. This man has a beautiful voice. It's like they made an audio version of cheesecake. Mmmmm, cheesecake...
Actually picked this one over the "Official" music video because it seems a lot more his style than the drug trip MV they made. I keep forgetting he's from Ireland. If he has an accent it just doesn't show. Also that he has a full band, but really he could go solo and conquer the Emotional-Acoustic-OMG-Marry-Me music scene like Jack Johnson did for the surfer crowd. Now that I think about it... He's Damien Rice except with better lyrics. Powerful voice, acoustic guitar, sounds that bleed emotion. Man, Ireland really has a stranglehold on that type.
Time to move?
I found him through one of my usual spots, NPR Tiny Desk Concerts. http://n.pr/dbXJEM
No comments:
Post a Comment